Facial skin is easily damaged, by sun, wind, cold, heat, dryness, stress, poor diet, smoking, pollution, medication, pregnancy, aging and many other internal and external factors.
A few of the most common skin conditions we encounter –- especially in Colorado -- include:
- Environmentally and Prematurely Aged Skin – Skin that has been exposed to the sun and is dull, dry and discolored.
- Dry to Severely Dry Skin – Dehydrated skin is skin that is occasionally dry and tight, that responds well to using proper moisturizing products. Severely dry skin can be recognized by scaling, itching and flaking.
- Oily, Acne Skin – Skin that has acne or is acne prone. Acne prone skin is basically good skin that is out of balance. The oil glands have become overactive from internal factors, such as hormones, stress or improper diet. External factors, such as the sun and pollution will also affect the skins condition.
- Sensitive and Intolerant Skin – Skin that reacts strongly to physical factors, such as temperature changes, spicy foods, or high stress situations. Chemical reactions may include sensitivity to certain products and cosmetics, as well as sensitivity to certain fabrics.
- Damaged or Discolored Skin - Such as pigment changes from taking certain medications, pregnancy or waxing.
In order to rejuvenate the skin, and bring it back to glowing, supple and younger looking skin, Colorado Plastic Surgery Center’s licensed medical aesthetician, Shanna, offers a number of skin rejuvenation procedures including:
Once our medical aesthetician has determined your skin type and condition, we will recommend the most appropriate and beneficial skin treatments for you, from among our wide range of skin care offerings.
For skin that requires more than medical spa skin treatments, we also offer Laser Skin Resurfacing, Botox, Injectable Skin Fillers (such as Restylane, Radiesse and Juvederm) and Facial Plastic Surgeries.
No matter where you fall on the facial rejuvenation spectrum, from facials and skin care to cosmetic surgery, Colorado Plastic Surgery Center can work with you toward restoring your beauty and self confidence.
If you are considering non-surgical skin rejuvenation, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a skincare consultation with our medical aesthetician.