Botox, Botox, Botox! We bet that you’ve either already tried Botox once or twice or you’ve definitely considered it! Women and men all over the world count on Botox to get rid of those frown lines and crows feet for smooth, wrinkle free skin. Botox used to be a bit of a taboo topic…but even celebrities are beginning to be very candid about their reliance on this magic in a bottle. Celebrities like Cindy Crawford, Kim Kardashian, Courteney Cox, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kelly Ripa have been very open about their Botox use. We guarantee that there are people you know personally who have had Botox! Here is the thing to keep in mind, if you have a skilled injector, no one should even be able to tell you’ve had a treatment done! Botox results should be NATURAL!
Speaking of skilled injectors, let’s just highlight our AMAZING cosmetic injector really quickly… Andrea has been in the aesthetics industry for over 10 years and was even recognized in Glamour Magazine as one of the TOP 25 cosmetic injectors in the United States. When asked about Botox here’s what Andrea had to say, “Botox is an FDA- approved prescription medicine that’s injected into certain facial muscles. The treatment blocks nerve impulses from reaching muscles, causing the muscles to relax for a softer look. With no down time required, the treatment makes it easy and effective to diminish the look of moderate to severe frown lines, as well as crows feet.” Spoken like a true expert. Basically it is like that great Snapchat filter that smooths all of your wrinkles away, but its real life.
Maybe you’ve assumed you’ll look into Botox in 15 to 20 years, but Botox is a great preventative tool, too! It is not uncommon to start Botox in your late 20’s to 30’s to start training your muscles to r e l a x.
Here’s some info to keep in mind if you’re considering Botox:
- You don’t need to wait until you’re older with sagging tissues to begin Botox.
- On average, Botox lasts 3-4 months.
- Botox will take up to a week to begin to work. Be patient and give it time to work its magic!
- The amount of Botox required depends on the size of your forehead and the strength of your facial muscles. Men, you typically require more units of Botox. Sorry.
- On average, men require 16-20 units of Botox in the frown lines and anywhere from 10-20 units in the forehead lines.
- On average, women require 15-20 units in the frown lines and 8-15 units in the forehead lines.
- To prepare for a procedure, stay away from blood thinners like ibuprofen or alcohol 24 hours before. This will minimize chances of bruising and swelling.
- Botox can be used to treat migraines! That’s a win-win.
And that whole myth about Botox always causing a “frozen face” is untrue. Refer back to paragraph one…Botox results should be natural with a skilled injector. What other questions or concerns do you have about Botox? Leave them in the comments below!
Check out this video to hear Andrea discuss Botox and see Dr. Slenkovich get BRO-TOX. (Get it? Botox for men…Brotox!)
Until next time,